Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Brief History of Time

Finally got around to reading this only because I came across a blog post somewhere (that I've forgotten) which claimed that this is one book that many people will have on their shelves and have not read. Honestly, I was lost by about chapter 5 - I couldn't handle particle spins during college physics and I still can't.

But this caught my eye:
The first primitive forms of life consumed various materials, including hydrogen sulfied, and released oxygen. This gradually changed the atmosphere to the composition that it has today and allowed the development of higher forms of life such as fish, reptiles, mammals, and ultimately the human race.

What if, by preventing global warming, we are preventing the next step of human evolution?

No comments: