Thursday, January 29, 2009

My CFL died and I'm about to poison the earth

After about a year one of our compact fluorescent bulbs stopped working - emitting a foul odor as it fizzled and died. I've placed it into a non-recycleable (at least in our county) plastic container and am thinking of giving it a decent burial. I will mourn its passing since it died well short of its expected life span.

Unfortunately, burial is not an option since it contains mercury. I guess I'll try our local recycling and wasted center.

No comments: