a. Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards. Athletes usually thank their moms but this is one with a strong father figure.
b. Condoleeza Rice by Brooke Lea Foster.
c. NPR - should we emphasize National PUBLIC Radio or NATIONAL Public Radio?
2. Local celebrities:
a. Bob Woodward - by Alicia Shepard excerpted from her book Bernstein and Woodward: Life In the Shadow of the Watergate (not online alas).
b. George Michael of Sports Machine/NBC4.
1. How minor brain injury caused by a fender bender derailed the life of a young economist.
2. A story by Arch Campbell, movie critic who was for a long time at NBC4 and his experience with colon cancer.
3. A family in PG County whose twins developed autism by Cindy Rich.
1. Made in Maryland - about PRS Guitars. Profile of Paul Reed Smith. It made me want to visit Kent Island to see the guitar factory.
2. A fascinating history of water in Washington. Lt. Montgomery Meigs of the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers built the Washington Aqueduct and most of the water infrastructure including what is now the Dalecarlia treatment plant, the Georgetown reservoir and a counduit that is 9 feet in diameter that carries water from Great Falls into DC that is buried within the single lane Cabin John Bridge.